11.11.2014

I promise to Remember.

It almost baffles me that 100 years have past since the first World War. It was such an important part of our history lessons (both World Wars were) and of course, we had family members who fought in the second World War and would tell us of their experiences.

But they are ageing... and their stories & experiences, we don't hear as often from their own mouths... and so I feel more and more the responsibility that I have to teach my son, and to remember myself just how amazing these people were. How hard they fought, and the tremendous support their families gave them.

Many of you know that my husband is Military. I could not be more proud of him. But we are so very fortunate we are not in the midst of a world war. I know my sacrifices pale in comparison to those who have lost their loved ones due to war.

Though my husband is involved in a ceremony elsewhere, I will be taking our son down to the cenotaph today to remember, and to show him how important it is to remember our fallen soldiers, and our brave heroes... and especially what they fought for.


xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...