8.02.2015

a mini rant & a pretty shawl

So I have to confess, if it's not obvious enough, I haven't exactly been best friends with my blog space lately. Mostly because I'm really frustrated that whenever I go to view previous posts I see that pictures have gone missing. Am I now seeing what all of you see? If that's the case, I'm really not cool with that.

I mean, what's up with that, blogger? I worked hard on my pics. And they're MY pics... so why can't I see them? I put them up already... sigh. Anyways.... (rant not REALLY over, but over for now)...


I finished another knit! This one is actually for me! "Heaven's to Betsy!" you might exclaim ... or not... but still it's pretty cool that I actually have something for ME to tote around.

This is the Antarktis shawl by Janina Kallio.



The yarn I used is RainCityKnits Supersock (MCN) colourway is Electric Coral. I honestly LOVED knitting this! The yarn is uber squishy, and lovely to knit with. This is my first RainCityKnits yarn that I've knit with, and I'm sure that I'll be purchasing more.



I used a 3.75mm/US 5 needle. Honestly the first two days of knitting got me way more than halfway through the shawl. I only had to set it down for a while because I had other knitterly obligations that had to be filled.

I highly recommend this pattern, and this yarn! So fun. And really the perfect summer shawl.

The colour just screams WOW. .. don't you think?



Anyways, I plan on having more selfish knitting on the needles. Because it feels good.

How about you? Are you knitting away? What awesome summer knits have fallen into your lap? Any other bloggers out there frustrated by their blog? xo

7 comments:

  1. The shawl is lovely and that colour is amazing! I'm a huge RainCity fan and that colourway has been on my list forever :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you Sarah! For this being the first time I've knit with RainCity, I can say I'm definitely a fan! I wonder if she'll be at Fibrations? :)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love it Becca! The colour is WOW on you. Now I want my own super bright, Rain City Knit shawl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. And thanks to you and Rachel, I made the purchase.. haha not it was hard twisting my rubber arm... any chance for more yarn. BUT I'm so excited I knit with it right away! I'm so loving it! xo

      Delete
  3. Your shawl looks fabulous Rebecca!! That colour is very you!! YAY for selfish knitting! :)

    I know what you mean about Blogger. I've been having issues with my photos, but I think it's the third party image hosting site that I use. :/ I hope you can resolve your problems soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...