4.06.2016

On a cloud.

Hiya!

It's spring!! And I've been busily knitting away. No surprise there :) I've been able to open up my knitting schedule to accept more sample & test knitting, and I'm really enjoying switching up the pace a little!

My husband's schedule is proving to be very busy over the unforeseeable future, and so I'm planning on diving into my very well loved stash to work away on some luxury knits! That should help pass the time, don't you think?

However, I've actually completed several knits that I haven't blogged about, and only barely taken pictures of. Yesterday I decided to snap a few pics and be warned, they're not great. Photo taking really  isn't my strong point. I much prefer to be curled up knitting ;)


First up, the cloud cowl! This has been done a while now, I'd like to say at least a month, maybe two? I can't even remember.
I ended up snagging 3x skeins of Drops Cloud while most likely searching for something else. I just couldn't stop touching it, it's really so so soft! It's a "blown" yarn made from alpaca, merino wool & nylon. The write up for the yarn in ravelry says that  "Its construction is unique, based on the newest yarn technologies, where instead of spinning, the fibres of baby alpaca and merino wool are air blown into a tube, which makes the garments made in this yarn about 30-35% lighter than those made with conventional spun yarns of the same thickness."


I have to tell you, it's SO light! I knew I wanted it around my neck. This was going to be a super quick & satisfying knit, as when I bought the yarn, my LYS (the beehive here in Victoria) gave me the pattern for free! It's a basic, simple pattern, and I love the outcome. The pattern isn't listed in Ravelry anywhere, but I can tell you it was a simple repeat . And I used 8mm needles for my cowl.


I've worn it many times since, and it keeps me so warm! Though it looks enormous for a cowl, it never gets in the way. I love it!

This would make a fantastic gift, or of course instant gratification knit for yourself! Knit with this yarn. You won't be disappointed.  xo 

1 comment:

  1. I'm working on my stash before buying more yarn, but your cowl looks very luxurious!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...